Birth is one of the most miraculous events in life. I offer birth photography for you to capture this momentous event and to remember the intense emotion and amazing moments for always. Birth Photography is tailored to the birthing mom’s needs and desires, and is directed by her and her birthing team to ensure that it is a special part of her birth experience.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
I am on call for two weeks before your expected due date until baby is born – as soon as you go into labor, give me a call! I will aim to be there about 3-6 hours (5-6cm) before baby is expected to arrive, knowing full well that none of this can be predicted to a T, but we’ll work with it! I will record your labor from the moment I arrive, your delivery, the amazing moments when you meet your precious baby, and the important details afterwards – weighing, footprints, etc.
Birth photography is not “graphic” nor is it “gross” I will photograph only what you want, whether that is everything, or whether you only want the waist up, or something different – it is completely up to you! Ultimately, my job is to document the story, and to follow the guidelines that you request.
WHAT TO EXPECT...
Once your birth story is booked
I will be on call for your birth starting at 39 weeks up until week 41. As we know, babies have their own set of rules and can come at any time so during these 3 weeks I will have my cell phone turned up, my gear packed and will be ready to go at any time.
At the hospital/ birthing center / your home
When you arrive at the hospital, please let me know. I will plan to come to the hospital once you reach 5-6cm and I will stay up to 60 minutes postpartum to capture those first moments with your baby. Now, it's your job to let me know as soon as you're officially in labor. You know, the point of no return. (Or, you can delegate this job to another trustworthy, non-flustered individual... you and your significant other may just be a little busy.)
During your session, I will be present but silent. I strive to listen and watch while capturing the moments as they unfold without being intrusive. Of course, I am sure that we will build a bond over the next few months and I will be there as a positive support person without getting in the way of doctors/midwives/nurses.
After your birth
I will go through all of your images within 12 hours and will send you a sneak peek to announce your baby’s birth. Then 1-2 weeks later, you will receive your online gallery with over 150 edited images from your birth. From there, you will decide what 75 photos you want to be displayed in your custom album I will design and create for you to cherish the birth of your baby forever.
WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
Your birth photography includes the following:
- Your pre-session consultation – we meet, and discuss your birth photography. Here we will go over specific shots you want, the birth plan and any other details you want captured. We will go over limitations as well. Do you want crowning images? Are you planning to breastfeed? If so, are you anticipating photos of little one latching on for the first time? These are things to think about, and details you will need to share with me prior to me arriving at the hospital.
- I will be “on call” starting 2 weeks before your due date – no day trips, vacations etc! Even outside of this period, I will prioritize being at your birth.
- Your birth photography - 6+ Hours of photography coverage.
- Developing/Processing of your images – many hours of going through photos, touching up, editing, and creating a story of precious moments from start to finish.
- In order to accommodate everyone who would like to document their births, payment plans are available. 10% discount to repeat clients.
- 150 High resolution digital files
- A 10x10 Heirloom Album | 20 pages, 40 sides, 75 photos
$1,200 + sales tax (a $2,500 Value) Payment plans ARE available.
Fresh 48 Sessions
Fresh 48 photography is a special session for those new families who want the first few hours of their newborn’s life captured without having the entire labor or birth documented. Held within the first 24-48 hours of your baby’s life, these lifestyle sessions are perfect for remembering that first day forever. I will come to your place of birth within 48 hours. This is not a traditional newborn session; I will not pose the baby or bring prop. This will just be me capturing your baby’s sweet new moments in a fresh natural way!
WHAT IS A FRESH 48 SESSION?
It is a documentary style session that is held within the first 48 hours of your new baby’s life. An alternative to birth photography for some, an addition to it for others, it is a way to capture the new and precious moments that we often forget. It will take place at the place of birth whether it be a birth center, hospital, or even home. You should schedule your Fresh 48 session during your pregnancy as they will book in advance and you want to be sure that there will be availability close to your due date.
WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
- A 60 Minute session which takes place during the day approximately 24-48 hours after baby is born. We will document their first days of life in the setting in which your baby is born.
- An online digital gallery with 50 image downloads
$400 + sales tax